Near the village of Goranoi lies the Monastery of Our Lady of the Life-Giving Spring, commonly known as Gola. The cathedral of the monastery is in good condition and it is a single-space nave, domed church with its two Athos-type choirs on the far ends. The church was built and adorned in 1632, shortly before the reconstruction of Zermbitsa. The goodwill of the locals and the Church of Sparta’s interest in the monastery led to the reconstruction of the monastic cells on the south side of the courtyard and construction works to protect the cathedral’s exterior.
Contact Information: tel. +30 27310 75298