On Stamatiras hill, a forested offshoot of Mt. Parnonas, among pastures and farmland between the villages Tsitzina and Vassara of the former municipality of Oinountas, surrounded by peaceful, scenic wilderness, we find the Monastery of Sts. Anargyroi. The monastery was first mentioned in the chrysobull, or golden seal decree of Andronikos II Palaiologos who defined the jurisdiction of the Metropolis of Monemvasia in 1293.
Contact Information: PO Box 74 – 23100 Sparta, tel. +30 27310 73225